Thursday, November 25, 2010

The Suicide's Girlfriend

My tender friend don't ask me
if you don't want an answer.
Don't tell me
if you don't want me to know.
Don't cry for him.
He shuffled the deck
and dealt you a new hand.
He loves himself so much,
he wants you to hurt
like he does.
Painkillers, bourbon,
and a note curled in his fingers
was his morbid valentine for you,
leaving you without
his touch
his love
his future.
But you came home
to a squatted puking green toad
soaked in vomit and piss.
His misery turned inside out
like slop thrown from a bucket.
Take his gift and use it well.
Your touch
Your love
Your future
without this insufferable arrogant jackass.
Climb in my lap
and cry on my shoulder
I know it hurts.
It will be better.
New game, new deal.
You don't have to play.
pick up your chips
and walk away,
now.

No comments:

Post a Comment