Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Borderland

Borderland is a stripe of soot and gray
where souls loose traction
fighting the long slide's last twist.
Terminal of the train to self destruction
and all points beyond.
The last ledge before the drop off
into the black forever night
where nothing escapes
but hollow wind and the sound
of cracking bone.
Transient town of half hope
where pain is a dull roar
in the ears drowning out the alarms.
The streets crowded with
the lost and misguided
brought here by chanced misfortune
and their born weakness,
where I see you today,
lost among the lost soul draggers.
Why follow me here
only to be pulled into the black
and destroyed with me.
This demented rescue
will destroy us both
like a fire on both sides of a mountain
racing to the peak.
Your ignorance will kill you.
A dip in the rinse water
of my corruption
would age you ten years.
I may fail
or I may return to the light.
It is not for you to know.
If I go over the edge
you will tumble behind me
If I return to the light
I cannot bring you with me.
While time allows,
leave, now.

No comments:

Post a Comment